Wow this took me a while to update:) Sorry! We moved to Traverse City which hosts the national Cherry Festival every year and I have been extremely busy introducing the world of cherries to my son. The fourth was great. We celebrate every year on Torch Lake, which is the 3rd most beautiful lake in the world! Every year we do a cookout at a good friends home. Her son is a chef and makes all kinds of goodies. I made a few easy desserts this year that I could throw together quickly after being on the lake all day. I made a red, white and blue trifle, which was super easy.
- Slice the french bread into 1/2 inch slices
- Brush on olive oil and season
- Bake at 350 until lightly browned
- Sprinkle with goat cheese
- Add a cherry
- throw in oven for a couple more minutes