Wow these turned out fabulous, and are perfect for dunking in a piping hot mug of hot cocoa. I found this recipe on Lovestoeat's Weblog, and I am so glad I added this to my holiday baking this year. My mom and I made all different kinds of biscotti to enjoy this holiday to enjoy with our coffee, tea, and cocoa. This was by far the yummiest....well lets say the sweetest!! You can also swipe out the m&m's for candy cane pieces, for a peppermint twist.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in crushed candy.
- Evenly divide dough into 4 even portions on a lightly floured surface. Shape each into a 9" X 1 1/2" round log. Place logs on a parchment lined baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake until tops are cracked and the ends are lightly browned, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temp. to 325. Cool logs 10 minutes on cookie sheets.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2 " slices with a serrated knife. Arrange pieces standing up, back on baking sheet. Bake until cookies are light golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 12-15 minutes. The centers may be a little soft, but will crisp up while cooling. Place on wire rack, and cool completely.
- Dip half of each biscotti in melted chocolate, shake off excess. Immediately sprinkle with additional crushed m&m's and set on parchment or wax paper until chocolate has set.