Well I guess I cannot photograph lasagna, every shot I took looked like a pile of crap, and would not do this goodness any justice. So instead, here is a picture of the lasagna noodles I used. This post is for Miss Allie, who called me out the other night for not updating my blog. The story behind that is I have not been up to cooking lately due to the whole pregnancy thing. For a while nothing sounded good, so Abe just did a lot of grilling, hence no posts. I am now in my second trimester, so I think I'm all clear on the nausea thing. So Allie this one is for you. I made a half recipe of this lasagna, which was plenty for 3.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 glass baking dish with a nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine: ricotta, mozzarella, Parm, eggs, and parsley; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and saute garlic; add zucchini, mushrooms, and gently saute for 2-3 minutes. ( Do not over cook veggies, they will get to soggy) Set aside.
- Remove Lasagna from box, DO NOT BOIL.
- To assemble, cover bottom of pan with 6-7 oz. of sauce.
- Layer 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, 1/3 of the vegetables, and 1/3 of the spinach. Drizzle with 6-7 oz. of sauce over the vegetables. Create the next layer beginning with the pasta sheets. Gently press down each layer until completed. Repeat layering until you have created 4 layers. Top with 6-7 oz. of sauce.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes, covered with foil.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.