I remember eating this as a kid and loving it! Now the hubby loves it too, nad requests it quite often. I did change recipe up a little bit to make it healthier, sorry mom. I will give you both versions.
6 oz thin spaghetti (whole wheat spaghetti)
2 T butter
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 lb hamburger (1/2 lb ground turkey)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup shredded cheddar
pepperoni slices (turkey pepperoni)
- Cook pasta until tender and drain.
- Add butter, parmesan, and eggs to drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Spread pasta in pie plate to form crust.
- Spread cottage cheese over unbaked spaghetti crust.
- Brown hamburger and add sauce. Spread over cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle pie with cheese.
- Lay pepperoni over cheese
- Bake at 350 for 30-35min.
The verdict: Perfect comfort food!