Friday, May 22, 2009

Sushi at Home!!


I love Sushi!!!  Enough said.  I don't know about you but every time we go out for sushi we spend an ungodly amount of money....so to enjoy this more often, we create the same meal at home.  This isn't a recipe, it's just a fake-out, for all things sushi that we love.  To start with, Miso Soup.  All I do is go to Whole Foods, buy the organic, less sodium Miso soup in the box, add cubed tofu, scallion, and seaweed.  Throw it all in saucepan and warm. EASY!  Next find a grocery store that sells great sushi.  I picked up 3 different kinds, and display them on a platter.  EASY!  Then grab a a bag of frozen Edamame and steam for about 7 -10 minutes, add some coarse salt, and serve. EASY!  Total cost under $25.  Not bad.  Now you can have sushi a couple times a week if desired. 

Now I just need to learn how to make my own sushi!

0 comments: