Thursday, April 16, 2009

Everything But The Kitchen Sink Fried Rice

Need a way to clean out the fridge for people who won't eat leftovers?  Fried Rice is my new answer.  We had pieces of grilled meat like steak chicken and pork, and I had a ton of random veggies.  Some things were from restaurants but much of it was leftover from our grilling last weekend!  I went to the store and bought some sugar snap peas, and a can of "Fancy Vegetables" from the Asian section, just to make it a little more authentic.  You can pretty much throw anything you want in here, but this is what I did.


peppers, diced
onions, diced
mushrooms, sliced
sugar snap peas, cut diagonally
asparagus, chopped
green beans, chopped
zucchini, diced
cooked chicken, roughly chopped
cooked steak, roughly chopped
pork, roughly chopped
1 can "fancy vegetables"(I used La Choy brand), drained
3 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs, slightly beaten
dark sesame oil
pineapple teriyaki marinade

Add sesame oil to a pan and heat over medium high heat.  Add about 1/4 teriyaki sauce, and a few dashes of soy.  Then add raw vegetables and saute til crisp.  Then add any vegetable that have been previously cooked, or grilled.  Along with the cooked veggies, add meat.  Saute all together until warm.  Add can of fancy veggies, and brown rice.  Stir until combined.  Make a well in the rice mixture, and add beaten eggs.  Let eggs sit until cooked through, then combine with rice mixture.
  
THE VERDICT:
That's all there is to it.  My hubby loves egg rolls, so I bought some frozen to serve with this.  Other than the egg rolls, this is a very healthy dish!  I could eat this everyday!   

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I love fried rice and it's our preferred way to use up random leftovers. This looks delicious!