Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Garlicky Green Beans with Grilled Salmon

Nice Healthy Dinner in a matter of minutes!

I got the idea for dinner tonight from flipping through my Everyday FOOD magazine.  It was under cooking for 1, which I know is hard, because I use to do it all the time.  Cooking for 1 or 4 can be just this easy.

2 tsp. olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, sliced
green beans, trimmed (couple handfuls)
seafood seasoning and pepper
salmon fillets (# of people feeding)

  1. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.  Add garlic, and cook til golden brown.  Transfer to a plate; wipe out skillet.
  2. Add green beans to skillet with about 1/4 cup water; cover, and cook until tender.  Drain any liquid from skillet.  Season green beans with salt and pepper.  Add to plate with garlic, toss, and cover with foil until salmon is cooked.
  3. Season salmon fillets with seafood seasoning, and pepper.  Throw on the grill skin side down.  Grill until cooked to your liking.  
THE VERDICT:  So that took like what 20 minutes to make dinner, and its nutritious.  I don't think we could have driven through a fast food restaurant in that time!  ENJOY!  Oh yeah, and check out my fresh dill on top, from the Aerogarden, it was a last minute add, and very flavorful!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - I love salmon and this paired with the beans looks delicious!